Friday, May 4, 2007

Another Kind of Fool


Recently a friend of mine suffered a bit of a disappointment in his career. I sent him this message in response. I hope it helped. Maybe it will help you:

I have had additional thoughts on this matter. You see, I know a little something about disappointment. The way disappointment usually works is like this. You start life as a fool. You cannot help this. You are born this way. We all are. Anyway, eventually you think that you have learned enough to stop being foolish, only to find that you have become a different type of fool.

This is tragic and it is also funny. Every time it happens in your life it becomes funnier and more tragic. The best thing you can do is work toward seeing the humor in it because the humor hurts slightly less than the tragedy.


As for finding what you love, I wouldn’t recommend it. It will probably find you. Maybe it already has.

MF

No comments: